Friday, May 13, 2016

isolation

I must have never given
anything,
or I have nothing left to give,
maybe no one needs help
and without needing something
there isn't a reason to make contact,
maybe I don't have what they need,
I sit alone pondering this

no incoming distress signals as
I go solo on tasks meant for groups,
not able to remember
what my day-to-day usually is,
when the last time I've seen
another living soul

the list has become shorter
and the ones remaining becoming
more distant,
can't help but to wonder if
this is how everyone else feels,
just a normal thing that never
registers as a problem,
complacent being far away from each other,
a place where only
small talk and bullshit can reach,
a place where I once called acquaintance
has become best friend,
or vice versa-

I've been told I look
too deeply into everything,
I try to believe it,
it's too depressing not to,
but I can't shake the feeling
it's just me

No comments:

Post a Comment