Saturday, March 19, 2016

we dove into hell

screeching madness,
chaos ensues as sirens sound,
a simple routine gone
horribly wrong,
fireworks explode around me,
all I can smell the gunpowder
and blood,
the ground quakes
with violent tremors
reminding us
we don't belong here,
the constant buzzing in my ear
from the drum popping, booming
thunder rattling to the core
makes it hard to understand
my comrades, leaving me in a
daze

meeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee
 LET'S MOVE!

I run while bullets whiz by,
crashing into the bodies
of the impending horde,
through the flames and
bone-chilling screams,
we make our escape

we dove into hell-
we may have made it
off that rock, but
we didn't survive

2 comments:

  1. thw world needs more pomes about diving into hell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree... maybe you should make that happen

      Delete