Thursday, November 12, 2015

succubus

you looked at me
into my eyes
feigned sadness
as you fed me lies
the schemes you had
the games you played
the agenda always the same

is it ever enough?
the attention that you seek
is it ever enough?
for someone who wants everything
I gave you my heart but you wanted my soul
I gave you a lot but you wanted it all
how many times can someone make the same mistake?
I'm shattered in a thousand shards
just trying to collect what remains

every word
every whisper in my ear
the same tired story of
confusion and fear
you had me going
ya had me on my knees
no mercy was given
you drained the life from me

you had me going gave me no choice but to believe
locked me in your story and threw away the key
careful and deliberate all the time acting naive
no mercy was given, ya drained the life from me

I gave you my heart but you wanted my soul
I gave you a lot but you wanted it all
how many times can someone make the same mistake?
I'm shattered in a thousand shards
just trying to collect what remains

No comments:

Post a Comment