Wednesday, April 15, 2015

love can be easy, it should be

this tightness in my chest,
I fucking hate this,
will it go away this time?
time,
it heals all they say,
I disagree... now,
but time will tell

I just don't get it,
meanwhile completely
understanding,
that's the part she never
understood

I DID know where
she was always coming from,
her anxieties and fears,
assuming they weren't
bullshit,
were completely understandable,
if we mess it up this time
it might be over
for good

I failed
to ease her of them,
she failed
to overcome them,
never believing
what I had to say,
too simple for
someone so
complicated...

convoluted

so in her fear of fucking up,
she fucked up,
the story is so obvious,
so cliche,
the questions; pointless

I think the biggest problem
was I actually had her in mind
when trying to help,
no hidden agenda,
just her well-being,
I guess when you're used to
everyone having a plan,
manipulating[even unintentionally]
my advice must have felt like
empty gestures

but with life being so hard,
already so difficult,
why are we complicating
the parts that should
be easy?

our love, if genuine,
was all we needed,
I expected nothing
outside of that

nothing extraordinary...
only trust and love

No comments:

Post a Comment