Sunday, March 22, 2015

the serious epidemic

this is the apocalypse

the dull plague,
it's catching on,
infecting everyone

I pity them

can't help but to wonder
if they're aware of the misery
that has become them,
what exactly they see
when they stare back,
if any thought echoes through
their skulls before the same
ol' tune leaves their mouths

I think I know what they see

a reminder of
what they were,
what they long for,
it causes them
pain

so they destroy
and spread their
sickness

I thought I was immune
but I feel myself slipping,
becoming someone else,
memories gone,
ideas lost,
the spark has vanished,
as our kind continues
to die off,
everything
turns
grey

must remember who I am

wear the mask while
lifeless eyes are watching, 
don't lose yourself underneath

as years go by,
only they will be left,
the soulless shall
inherit the earth,
minds vacant,
shuffling around with
cold bones and still hearts,
killing any and all
individuality
until it is
extinct

No comments:

Post a Comment