Saturday, March 1, 2014

she mei never know

you looked really cute that morning,
I never noticed the freckles across your nose,
let's just say my heart was melting,
as we kissed each other goodbye,
all I could think about was how
I didn't want to leave-
you standing there alone in the hotel room,
watching as I walk out the door with your smile,
I take it with me,
a memory for my dreams,
I'll need it because who knows when I'll see you next,
god damn it,
I could have stayed in bed with you the rest of the day
but the meter maids were salivating over my car
just waiting for the clock to hit 8:00am,
you were exhausted anyway,
my constant fidgeting kept you up all night,
sorry about that,
I guess I was too excited to sleep,
wound up,
could have been from half the jug of port,
but let's not kid ourselves,
it was you

 the lovely aura you emanate

its draws me in,
I have no hope of resisting
-not that I'd want to-
I was way happier to be there with you
in my arms than I had let on,
something tells me you knew that though,
I haven't seen you in months
and this might be strange
but I felt almost....honored?
you mentioned that men tend to like you
a lot more than you like them,
Trust me, I believe you...
you have this thing,
the kind of thing that makes
a man want to write a poem,
maybe a better poet than me was
able to explain it with more coherency,
but whatever it is,
you have it

I'd love to tell you how I feel,
but we both know you need to fly,
and I can't ignore the alarms going off in my head,
RETREAT! Why?
because as infatuated with you as I'm appearing,
you also terrify me,
and the words you speak are frightening,
I can see you using my heart
as a punching bag if we ever worked out
and I'm not sure it can take another beating,
so I'll just stick to writing poems
and go on pretending like everything is (normal)
until I move closer anyway,
Yeah, I'll go on,
like you're unimportant to me,
because I have to,
because it would be weird not to...
right?



1 comment: